COVID-19 UPDATES & PROTOCOL
We plan on re-opening on Saturday, November 7th under a strict new set of COVID guidelines.
- The ban on spectators is still in place. Mites and younger are allowed ONE guardian in the rink.
- Please refer to previous guidelines for coach limits
- Facemasks are required at all times for everyone in the rink.
- Everyone entering the rink will be required to provide contact information.
- Please have players come dressed and they will not be allowed to enter the rink until 10 minutes before ice time.
- The rink will close at 9:30 p.m.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL: Together with the Hingham Board of Health, Pilgrim Skating Arena, Inc. will be implementing a temporary No Spectator Policy for all players age Squirt and above. For Mite Age players 1 parent/guardian (no children) per player is permitted. This policy will be strictly enforced. Each team will be allowed 2 coaches and 2 adult team managers (4 adults total) in the building, to monitor the players and ensure they are social distancing and abiding by all guidelines/protocol. Please enter the rink dressed no earlier earlier than 10 minutes before ice time. Everyone entering the rink will be required to provide contact information. Everyone, including players, must wear a mask in the rink. Coaches will implement COVID on-ice guidelines for players.
We will be closely working with and monitoring the Hingham Board of Health guidelines and re-evaluating the spectator policy on a weekly basis. Please understand that our goal is to keep all players, coaches and families safe and to enable the children to continue to play hockey. Additionally, please ensure that all players and coaches are strictly adhering to the State Mandated guidelines. Listed below are some of the guidelines.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding! We will be re-evaluating
the spectator policy weekly.
PLEASE REVIEW GUIDELINES BELOW:
Players & Coaches:
• On players benches, players must sit in designated marked areas 6 feet apart and wear masks
• Players must always wear face coverings when entering building, in locker room, dressing and undressing, on the players bench and when leaving the building. If MA requires on-ice masks, then they must be worn on-ice as well. Please see coaches for guidance.
• Coaches must wear face coverings at all times
• Centers and wingers must wear face covering during faceoffs
• Venues where there are 2 rows, players must evenly divide between front and back benches.
• Venues where extended benches are provided, 4-6 players can use extended area depending on total number of players.
• May not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to faceoff and must leave immediately after end of game (5 minutes)
• All players must remain in locker room or skate tying area until the buzzer sounds for them to take the ice for warmups.
• No body checking
• Only 1 player allowed at a time in penalty box
Locker Rooms, Untying Areas:
• Players are to come to the rink dressed. Skates, gloves and helmets can be put on in the facility
• Locker rooms are only open per request and for social distancing and the safety of the players
• Locker rooms are limited to 50% occupancy (6-8 players) social distancing
• Coaches please ensure that your players are following the proper plan and guidelines.
• Showers are not permitted
Failure to abide by these rules may result in suspension by the Board of Health